Clean. Fresh. Badass. Meet #BrownShuga.
This 1971 Chevrolet C10 Pickup was a Kansas field truck that was missing just about everything when Ryno from Ryno Built first got a hold of it. The pickup was basically a rolling cab and had nothing else to it. That all changed when Ryno and Hifonics partnered together to create something special.
The entire build took about a year to complete, as it started right before SEMA 2018, in October, and was finally finished on the day before leaving for SEMA 2019.
On beginning the process, Ryno commented, “The goal was to have something that would be an eye dropper for SEMA 2019, not just with looks, but with rich and deep sound that would be geared for any playlist you plug into it.”
Ryno took a long bed and made it into a short bed frame, while completely boxing in the frame rails, and creating a custom back half.
Hifonics came to mind first, when thinking about what kind of audio system he wanted to install into #BrownShuga, and it was a perfect match.
On Hifonics, Ryno commented, “You need an audio system that is proven to deliver in all areas that include powerful bass, amplifiers that produce clear and undistorted audio, and speakers that make you feel like you’re listening to all of your favorite tunes for the very first time.”
Ryno installed 3 ALPHA amplifiers in the ceiling (between the middle of the driver and passenger seat), 2 A1200.1D amplifiers, 1 A1200.4D amplifier, and 4 10″ Titan subwoofers installed behind the seats. But that wasn’t all…1 MB Quart Z-Line Component Speakers setup was installed in the custom fiberglass kick panels he created as well.
On the engine and power of #BrownShuga, Ryno commented, “This thing has a blueprint engine of 355 sbc (small block Chevy) and made 475 horsepower on the Dynometer (a measurement that measures horsepower and torque for an engine). It’s a beast of a machine.”
Ryno concluded, “This thing is so badass and was a fun build that took me back to the old street truck days. I’m super excited to be able to continue my builds with some of the best companies in the industry and I can’t wait to start on the next one!”
You’ll never look at a 1971 Chevrolet C10 Pickup the same again with the Ryno Built bar officially setting the new standard of expectations and possibilities.
Special SHOUT-OUT to ALL of the manufacturers below for making this dream become a reality —
- Air Lift Performance – air ride components
- BluePrint Engines – 355 CI motor
- California Car Cover – truck cover
- Classic Performance Products | CPP – brakes, suspension
- Dewitts Direct Fit – radiator
- Doug’s Headers – headers
- FiTech Fuel Injection – EFI
- H&H Classic Parts – bumpers, grille, interior accessories
- Haneline Rod & Custom Products – gauges
- HIFONICS – sound system
- JBA Performance Exhaust – exhausts parts/mufflers
- KWiK Performance – serpentine system
- LIZARDSKIN – heat/sound barrier
- Lokar Performance Products – pedals, cables, dipsticks
- Metra Electronics – stereo wiring
- Mothers Polish – cleaning products
- New Port Engineering – wiper motor
- New Vintage USA | NVU – gauges
- O’Brien Truckers – air cleaners
- Optima Batteries – battery
- Pertronix Performance Products – distributor
- Powermaster Performance – starter/alternator
- PPG Industries Inc. – paint
- Rebel Wire – wiring
- Slosh Tubz – inner fenders
- Speedway Motors, Inc. – rear-end, gears, valve covers, distributor, linkage, fittings, lines
- Steele Rubber Products – all weather stripping
- TMI Products Inc. – seats
- Trique Manufacturing – door latches
- United Pacific – LED lights, side markers, wing windows
- US Mags – wheels
- VIAIR Corporation – air ride compressors
- Vintage Air – HVAC
Check out more pictures of this beast below!