For those that do not want to climb to the top of Mt. Olympus to choose a woofer, Hifonics offers the Brutus line of woofers. Built for stunning sound quality and Brutus strength because the gods demand it that way. You will see the line starts with 3” coils on the Mt. Olympus OLM1600D2 and in Brutus we move to a multi-layer 2.5” coil. Here we have cut away the skin of the Brutus woofer so you can gaze upon the gods and understand why the Brutus and other Hifonics woofers are second to none.
POWER FROM THE GODS
Hifonics Brutus Subwoofers
The BRZ12SQD4 and BRZ15D4
Vented aluminum former
Holds a 2.5” voice coil
Satin black linear Butyl rubber surround
- 2XIL Ring - The 2XIL Ring is a heavy duty ABS trim ring with dual illumination. A great way to finish off your installation and the hint of illumination will draw just enough attention to your choice of the best woofer from atop Mt. Olympus.
- Butyl Surround - Satin black linear Butyl rubber surround along with the REZTx spiders help keep the piston motion of the subwoofer linear and smooth.
- Woven Pressed Polypropylene Cone - Heavy Duty woven texture polypropylene cone develops big bass while dramatically reducing cone flex which can rob the system of low deep bass.
- H CAP - Injection molded two tone polypropylene dust cap adds strength to the woofer and proudly holds the Hifonics logo and H - mark of the Gods.
- P & I Terminals - Nickel-plated 8 gauge P&I (push and insert) speaker terminals to secure MAXXLINK speaker wire connections easily.
- Dual REZTx Spiders - Dual REZTx (Resin infused textile) spiders along with the Butyl surround, allow the Brutus woofer to handle more power without adding non-linear distortions.
- D2S Steel Frame - Powder coated D2S Steel frame is a Deep Draw Stamped Steel design for incredible strength to handle deep powerful bass.
- 30oz Motor - Vented high energy motor assembly with 30oz magnets increases power handling and increases SPL.
- Voice Coil & Former Assembly - Vented aluminum former holds a 2.0” voice coil while allowing the heat to be exchange through the back pole piece, the Hercules Vent and through the spiders. Less heat means less distortion.
- 56oz Motor - Double stacked high energy motor assembly with 56oz magnets increases power handling which increases SPL – sound pressure level.
- Voice Coil & Former Assembly - Vented aluminum former holds a 2.5” voice coil while allowing the heat to be exchange through the back pole piece and through the dual REZTx spiders.